St. Michael’s Inc. has an opportunity for an experienced Contracting Specialist in the Tampa, FL area in support of a large defense organization. The selected candidate shall assist in providing end-to-end federal procurement support services to the client, must possess an uncompromising work ethic, and be able to align with St. Michael’s core values of Excellence in Reputation, Candor, Commitment, Teamwork, and Dependability.
Location: Tampa, FL
Active Clearance required: Secret
- Level II DAWIA Certification in the Contracting Career Field, FAC-C or industry equivalent certification.
- 5 years of experience performing Department of Defense services acquisition-related functions, including pre-solicitation, pre-award, post-award, and contract closeout activities.
- Working knowledge of the Standard Procurement System (SPS)/Procurement Desktop Defense (PD2) database.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Prepare pre-solicitation documentation to include, but not limited to: Determination and Findings (D&F) and Small Business coordination (DD Form 2579).
- Staff pre-solicitation documentation for appropriate review and approvals and post applicable notices in the Federal Business Opportunities as required.
- Prepare solicitations and amendments in Procurement Desktop Defense (PD2) for Procurement Contracting Officer (PCO) review and approval.
- Conduct price and cost analysis. Proficiently use the variety of techniques, including but not limited to, working with DCAA and/or DCMA as necessary, to determine fair and reasonable prices.
- Independently review evaluation input from a variety of sources (e.g. technical program and DCAA personnel), provide necessary feedback, and prepares contract negotiation positions (such as PNM and BCM) for PCO review and approval.
- Prepare contract award or agreements and amendments in SPS/PD2.
- Prepare post-award documentation to include, but not limited to contract modifications and memorandums for record.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in any field.
St. Michael’s is complying with the Safer Workplace Guidance and is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet