Team St. Michael’s Inc., has an opportunity for an experienced Contract Specialist on Fort Belvoir, VA in support of a defense organization. The selected candidate shall assist in providing end to end federal procurement support services to the client, must possess an uncompromising work ethic, and be able to align with St. Michael’s core values of Excellence In Reputation, Candor, Commitment, Teamwork, and Dependability.
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
Active Clearance required: Top Secret
- Level II DAWIA Certification in the Contracting Career Field, FAC-C, or CFCM.
- 5 years of experience in contracting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, Adobe, and Procurement Desktop Defense (PD2) within the last two years.
- Expert knowledge of pre-award simplified acquisition procedures.
- Expert knowledge administering fixed price contracts and task orders.
- Expert oral and written skills
- Expert knowledge of FAR Part 13 procedures including simplified procedures for certain commercial items.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in any field, including 24 semester hours in any combination of: accounting, business, finance law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
- Preparation and review of pre-award and post-award documents, analysis of cost and price factors, performance of procurement procedures applicable to simple and complex procurements, advising requiring activities on processes related to inspection and acceptation of goods and services, and coordinating the receipt of invoices with the Resource Management Section.
- Interpretation of solicitation provisions and contract clauses for vendors and Government officials.
- Assisting the Contracting Officer with performing contract closeout functions for Firm Fixed Price and Cost Reimbursable contracts. Duties include interfacing with Program Office and Budget Office to verify that deliverables have been received by the Government and all funds have been expended, initiating applicable contract modification documents, drafting documentation, and preparing the closeout file for the Contracting Officer’s review and approval.
- Providing professional advice and recommendations to decision makers and approval authorities.
- Performing contract administration and coordinating performance measurement with the requiring activity.
St. Michael’s is complying with the Safer Workplace Guidance and is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet